Food misconception #1: It doesn’t have to be fancy to be good. Ask a hamburger bun if he’s ready to become a mini pizza. You know what he would say? He’d say, “Hell yes you culinary cowboy, let’s get ‘er done!”
I’m willing to bet my wife’s hamburger bun pizza could kick your roasted duck with raspberry glaze’s butt in a street fight any day of the week. Tell me I’m wrong.
So one night this week do yourself a favor- open up your pantry and look inside. Make something different and then feel proud you just saved money and looked really cool doing it. Don’t be afraid.
So to contrast tomorrow night’s 2-year anniversary dinner at a fine Italian restaurant, we went with the 5 star meal you see above. Want to make it? It’s simple and really good!
Hamburger Bun Mini Pizzas
1. Brown some meat (we used turkey sausage)
2. Add chopped onion and green pepper – season to taste
3. Place your buns in the oven on 350 while the meat browns so buns get crispy
4. Take buns out, spoon on tomato sauce, add meat and any kind of cheese (fresh basil is a good touch too)
5. Place under High Broil for a few minutes to melt it all together
PS – hotdog buns work too!